For our hardtop dodger system, Lippincott Marine fabricates the rigid top. We then complete the project with five removable enclosure windows attached to the top with rail and Keder welt. This hardtop system has quality marine fabric covering the rigid top, which coordinates well with your other canvas and can later be recovered if needed. The hardtop dodger deluxe upgrade package adds side grabbars, aft grabrail, and white/red lighting features.
The five removable enclosure windows are constructed with Strataglass 40ml press polished-sheet clear vinyl. The fabric borders have edges finished with marine binding, and are fully lined with Patio500 marine vinyl inside, for additional strength, cleanliness, and appearance. All non-laminate fabrics are cut-out and sealed with a hot-knife to prevent stretching and fraying. Protection strips of marine fabric outside and Patio500 marine vinyl lining are included for all frame contact areas. We use Gore Tenara thread exclusively because it has a guarantee against stitch failure for the life of the fabric. Other materials include sturdy YKK #10 UV zippers, Scoville stainless fasteners, and chafe/reinforcement protection of Patio500 marine vinyl or Ebinger leather where needed.
Hardtop Dodger options/upgrades include:
- U-zip center window, to open/close the center dodger panel from the convenience and safety of the cockpit. This is installed with a YKK#10 coil zipper protected behind quality marine binding.
- If you plan a full enclosure, you may also choose to add a U-zip marine mesh window to the center U-zip window for improved insect-free ventilation. This mesh panel would attach with a YKK#10 coil zipper protected behind quality marine binding, and self-store in a bottom pocket.
- The hardtop dodger deluxe upgrade package adds side grabbars, aft grabrail, and white/red lighting features.
- Basic to advanced cutouts to accommodate rigging, cleats, lines, and other obstacles.
- Five-piece quality marine fabric window covers, edges reinforced with 30ml vinyl and matching marine binding, attached with Scoville common-sense fasteners.